All About OAVT's New Member Portal
Our new member portal has officially launched! When you are in the portal, the menu along the left side of the page shows all of the different sections available. We encourage you to try them out to discover what the new member portal has to offer!
Click the sections below for an in-depth look at what the member portal has to offer.
- Go to: OAVT’s New Member Portal (Tip: Bookmark this page for future logins!)
- Click “New to this site? Activate now” and enter the email associated with your OAVT membership.
- You will receive a password reset email with a temporary password (be sure to check your junk mail in case it gets filtered).
- Return to the login page and use the temporary password. Once you’ve set your new password be sure to keep it in a safe location.
- Review your profile and ensure all of your contact information is up to date.
Personal Information: Make changes to your contact information such as email address, mailing address or phone number.
Education Information: If we had record of your education associated with your membership, it has been imported. You can add any missing education, whether it is animal health related or not.
Employer Information: Add your current employer information (and past employers if you’d like!) to keep your profile up-to-date.
Other Registrations & Specializations: This section enables you to track all of your registrations in one place. You can specify as many or as few as you would like.
Profile questions have typically been asked throughout the year during specific initiatives (such as the Wage Survey). We invite you to tell us more about yourself.
How to add CE in the new system
Before you begin entering your activities, ensure you have the following information available:
- Digital documentation supporting your attendance (PDF recommended)
- Date of activity or date the activity was completed
To enter your CE activity, select Continuing Education from the left-hand menu, then click View beside your current, open collection period. For each activity, you will need to enter the appropriate details.
Accredited vs. Non-Accredited Activities
Activities that have been accredited by the OAVT have pre-assigned CE credits which are attributed to your CE record upon adding them. Activities that have not been accredited by the OAVT will be submitted for review.
For any CE related inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the brand-new version of your membership record in two formats:
- Membership Card: A convenient pocket-sized document with your membership information.
- Membership Certificate: Your membership information in a certificate-style layout.
Please note, this membership certificate is not intended to be a replica of your Registered Veterinary Technician certificate.
Found on the left side menu the resource library will take the place of the workspaces on the old member portal. Within its file system, the resource library has information about:
- Member Perks and Benefits
- Professional Liability Insurance (RVT Members)
- RVT Journal
- OAVT Bylaws
RVT Journal Quizzes and associated print paper copies are not available in the first stage of our membership portal launch. The quizzes will become available in late March for completion. Links to the quizzes will be found within the RVT Journal folder in the Resource library. We will communicate with all members once the quizzes become available.
For any CE related inquiries, please email email@example.com.
You can now request several documents through the online request form. Documents available for request include:
- Letter of Good Standing
- Renewal Verification Letter
- Status Verification Letter
The form enables you to request additional information and specify the recipient of the document.
Name Change Request
If you need to make a legal name change, you can use the Name Change Request form. Enter the information as it should appear and upload your documentation.
Status Change Request
If you would like to end your RVT membership, you can submit a Status Change Request. The options are either to resign or retire.
The OAVT Rabies Response Program Member (RRP) Portal functionality and online training launched on April 15, 2021.
OAVT RRP Online Training (New Trainees)
OAVT Student, Pending and RVT Members can complete the OAVT RRP Training online and work towards becoming a member of the OAVT RRP RVT Team.
To access the online training log in to your OAVT Member Portal and click “RRP Membership” on the side menu.
- Read the outline provided explaining how to complete the RRP Training and become a member of the team.
- Follow the link provided to go to the OAVT RRP Online Training Portal. Complete the assignments in each RRP Training Module
- Return to your Member Portal to attest to completing the RRP Training Requirements, complete any required quizzes and upload any requested documentation.
- Once your training is complete and you rabies titer has been submitted complete your application to become a member of the RRP RVT Team.
- RRP Staff will receive your training, rabies titer and application and respond to your application request by email once it has been reviewed.
Using The New OAVT RRP Member Portal Functionality (Active RRP RVT Team Members)
To access the new OAVT RRP Member Portal functionality login into your account and then:
- Click on “RRP Membership” on the side menu. From this area you can download your OAVT RRP certificates of completion, check your OAVT RRP Training/ Rabies Titer expiry dates, access the RRP Online Training Portal and update your expired training. You can also print your RRP Membership card and update your RRP Preferences (collection types, PHU areas, and availability).
- Click “RRP Cases” to access your OAVT RRP Cases. All OAVT RRP cases from April 15th, 2021 forward will be dispatched through and closed in the new OAVT Member Portal. Any cases from April 14th and before will be located in your old Member Portal. If you require a copy of these cases please go to your old Member Portal and log in using your old username and password and make a copy of your case list from the “Rabies Response Program” tab as soon as possible. This information will not be available indefinitely.
- Click on “RRP Resources” to access information pertaining to your participation in the OAVT RRP including “RRP Getting Started Information”, “RRP Handouts”, “RRP Invoicing & Income Management” etc.
For further details on how to utilize the new OAVT RRP functionality please download and review the OAVT RRP Membership, Training & Case Management Software 2021 RVT User Guide.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org .