International Credential Assessment Service of Canada

If you completed a veterinary technology program outside Canada, you must obtain an assessment of your program from the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) and forward it to us with your application for membership.

Please note: only Canadian citizens or permanent residents can become a member of the OAVT. Proof of permanent residency card will be required.

To obtain an assessment of your program in veterinary technology, you should first visit the ICAS website for information on current processing times and:

If your qualifications do not meet the requirements, you will receive a General Assessment Report. You must then contact OAVT for information about how you can qualify in Ontario.

If your qualifications meet the basic requirements, you will be advised and ICAS will then contact the institution at which you received your training. The institution will be asked to provide detailed information about the program you completed as well as a syllabus. If the information ICAS receives from the institution is not in English or French, a copy will be forwarded to you so that you can obtain a translation.

Once the assessment by ICAS is complete, you will receive a report that you can then forward to OAVT with your request for membership.

For more information, you should contact ICAS directly:


phone number: 519-763-7282

OAVT Platinum Sponsors