Continuing to learn after achieving RVT status is essential for the individual and the advancement of the profession. Ontario RVTs can earn one (1) Continuing Education (CE) credit by reading the CE articles in the RVT Journal, or watching recorded sessions of OAVT presentations, and submitting the successfully completed corresponding quizzes.
If you obtain a score of 8 out of 10 (80%) or higher, you will receive a confirmation email which OAVT members can use as acceptable proof for their online CE record.
1. Which of the following statements is TRUE about Hanson Type 1 injuries?
2. Which type of non-surgical spinal cord injury is characterized by a blockage of a blood vessel that supplies the spinal cord by a fragment of fibrocartilage?
3. Which type of non-surgical spinal cord injury is characterized by the penetration of the dura by the nucleus pulposus?
4. Which non-surgical spinal emergency is characterized by a bulging intervertebral disk?
6. The most important component of rehabilitation for non-compressive spinal cord injuries is:
7. What techniques/technologies can be used to diagnose non-surgical spinal cord injuries?
8. While rest is essential to recovery, patients should still be encouraged to:
9. The prognosis for a patient presenting with paraplegia is more guarded than for patients who present with paraparesis.
10. Which of the following statements is FALSE, regarding rehabilitation of a spinal injury patient?