Continuing to learn after achieving RVT status is essential for the individual and the advancement of the profession. Ontario RVTs can earn one (1) Continuing Education (CE) credit by reading the CE articles in the RVT Journal, or watching recorded sessions of OAVT presentations, and submitting the successfully completed corresponding quizzes.
If you obtain a score of 8 out of 10 (80%) or higher, you will receive a confirmation email which OAVT members can use as acceptable proof for their online CE record.
1. Which of the following statements is TRUE regarding steady-state of a CRI?
2. The half-life of morphine is about 4 hours. Without administering a loading dose, approximately how long would it take for morphine to reach 97% of the desire therapeutic plasma concentration?
3. Which of the follow medications can be delivered via constant rate infusion?
4. Which of the following medications should NOT be administered with fentanyl, to prevent reduction of analgesic effect?
5. The benefits of delivering CRI with a syringe pump include:
6. Which of the following statements is TRUE regarding setting up CRI in a fluid bag (i.e. “Bag CRI”)?
7. Which of the following information must be included in a CRI label?
8. The benefits of using a Buretrol to set up a CRI include:
9. The DVM ordered a fentanyl CRI (50ug/ml) CRI at 3ug/kg/hr for a 15 Kg patient. What is the hourly rate of fentanyl in ml?
10. The DVM ordered a metoclopramide (5mg/ml) CRI at 2mg/kg/day for a 9 Kg patient. What is the hourly rate of metoclopramide in ml?