Contest Terms & Conditions
The RVT Journal Cover Photo Contest
January 1, 2023
Four gift cards (valued at $25 each) to be won
The OAVT is looking to feature RVTs and their animals on the cover of the next four issues of The RVT Journal. The OAVT is launching a photo contest with four gift card prizes, valued at $25 each (one for each of the four winners).
Winning photos will be used on the cover of the Spring 2023, Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 issues of The RVT Journal. Submitted photos may also be used in future RVT Journal issues, both in print and online.
1. Spring 2023 – Photo should have a “spring” feel (i.e. flowers blooming, snow melting, pastel colours, etc.)
2. Summer 2023 – Photo should have a “summer” feel (i.e. at the cottage, in the water, on a hike, lots of “green”, etc.)
3. Fall 2023 – Photo should have an “autumn” feel (i.e. leaves changing colour, Halloween or Thanksgiving vibes, etc.)
4. Winter 2024 – Photo should have a “winter” feel (i.e. snow and cold, etc.)
· Four (4) gift cards valued at $25 each (one per winning entry)
· Entrants must have either own the rights to the photo, as the photographer, or have permission from the person who holds the rights to the photo (the photographer)
· The contest is open to all OAVT RVTs in good standing
· Winners’ names and photographs will be published inside the RVT Journal. Winner’s names may also be shared on www.oavt.org and in the OAVT’s e-newsletter, News & Announcements, and social media feeds.
· The OAVT and The RVT Journal reserve the non-exclusive right to publish any entry and/or use any entry in promotional and advertising materials. Photos published will be credited to the photographer where possible.
· By participating in this contest, each entrant agrees to provide the OAVT and The RVT Journal with the nonexclusive rights to use their images. Participants agree to the terms and conditions outlined within.
· Entries are to be digital photographs and submitted electronically.
· Cropping of photos is permitted, tonal or colour corrections are acceptable.
· Winners will be required to submit a high-resolution file suitable for print reproduction (at least 300 dpi at 6 x 9 inches.)
· Entries can be made online
· Photographs that have won any other contests or have been published in a magazine or newspaper (except online) are not eligible.
· Individuals can only win in one category
· There is a limit of two entries per category per entrant. When a “category” is selected on the form (spring, summer, fall, winter), entrants may upload up to TWO photos to be considered.
· Individuals may enter each category, however a separate entry form must be submitted for each category selected.
***OAVT SAFETY REMINDER – When taking photos for submission, please keep in mind the safety of those involved.
DEADLINE All entries must be received by email by end of day on February 13, 2023.
JUDGING The winners will be selected by OAVT staff. Selection decisions are final.