Website Whites Road Animal Hospital
Hospital: Whites Road Animal Hospital
Location: Pickering, ON
Job Type: Full-time Employment or Part-time Employment
Description: Whites Road Animal Hospital in Pickering has a phenomenal opportunity for a friendly, energetic, and compassionate RVT! We support a relatable mission – to provide the best possible medical, surgical and preventative care to our pet patients. If you’re searching for a progressive clinic, work-life balance, and a welcoming environment – search no further!
Our team is driven to provide the level of service and care we would expect for our own pets. We empower pets to live the best life possible and take pride in our ability to foster healthy long-term relationships with the community and each other.
Our ideal candidate values a positive and fun-loving atmosphere with laughter. If you are an intuitive team player with strong emotional intelligence, we want to hear from you. Our collaborative and supportive culture is the cornerstone of our practice. Pets. People. Positivity! If you have a desire to work with a team that is committed to creating a better veterinary experience for pets, their pet parents, and the professionals that provide this care – please get in touch. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) using appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Use gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Total Compensation – We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Contact Information: Visit our website at www.whitesroadvet.com to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org