Website VCA Canada
Caring for life's greatest companions!
ICU – RVT
Ask about relocation support!
VCA Canada Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada is hiring full time Intensive Care Unit Registered Veterinary Technicians to join our dedicated pet health care team.
Come work and play in one of the most beautiful cities in the world! Victoria enjoys the mildest climate of any city in Canada, and boasts the rugged, natural beauty of the Pacific coast.
Join us in providing state of the art veterinary care in our brand new 20,000 sq. Ft. facility, opening late summer. This hospital is well equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, CT and MRI imaging, radiation therapy, on-site diagnostic laboratory, and advanced monitoring equipment.
Our Intensive Care Unit will enable us to provide patient support and pain and anesthesia case consultations for all internal cases, as well as critical case care on a referral basis. As part of the new facility, the West Coast Cancer Treatment Centre will utilize the latest innovations in veterinary diagnostics and treatment, housing MRI, CT and LINAC modalities.
If you are seeking an opportunity to be a part of a new and growing referral hospital and would like to work with a dedicated and motivated team to bring this new vision to life on Vancouver Island, we would love to talk to you. As the first large Veterinary Referral Hospital on Vancouver Island, this is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of creating the principal center for veterinary care in Victoria and on Vancouver Island in general.
Currently, our team includes 24-hour emergency care, as well as specialists in Dermatology, Oncology and Diagnostic Imaging. This summer and fall we welcome Critical Care, Neurology and Rehabilitation Specialists to our team and will further incorporate Internal Medicine and Surgical Oncology in 2022.
Join Board Certified Critical Care Specialists in creating our brand new Intensive Care Unit dedicated to providing the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options to support our critical patients. This is an amazing opportunity to broaden your technical skills and learn advanced procedures and techniques from Criticalists with a passion for teaching. VTS certification in Emergency and Critical Care is considered an asset although we would be interested in supporting successful candidates in pursuing this training.
Our hospital culture fosters teamwork and collaboration, enabling us to provide optimal patient care within a collegial work environment. As we grow our hospital and team, we strive to provide an exceptional service to our clients, referring veterinarians and our community.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
• a strong knowledge and understanding of normal vital parameters, and the ability to recognize changes and or abnormalities.
• A strong knowledge of asepsis
• Strong mathematics skills (drug dose calculations, CRI’s, dilutions)
• Excellent communication skills, computer and phone skills
• A strong desire to learn and to excel within the profession
• A willingness to enhance your technical skills; anesthesia, CRI’s, epidurals and mechanical ventilators
• The ability to stay calm to recognize and establish priorities and execute patient triage at all times.
• Excellent organizational skills
• The ability to work with little or no supervision when necessary as well as the ability to work as part of a team
• A high level of professionalism
Qualifications and Experience
• Graduate of an accredited program for Veterinary Technologists
• Registered Veterinary Technology designation (or eligible to register)
• ICU or Emergency Department experience preferred
• Minimum 2 years of veterinary experience
Our ICU will open September 2021, but interested applicants are encouraged to apply now. Our timeline is flexible and those who may want to move earlier have the opportunity to become familiar working with us in our Emergency Department.
VCA Canada offers a variety of opportunities for career growth and continuing education within our extensive network of hospitals. We are passionate about giving back through initiatives such as Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry. Additionally, we offer competitive wages, pet and veterinary discounts and group benefits for full-time staff.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com