Website VCA Canada
Caring for life's companions
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with job id R-41530 in the subject line.
VCA Canada Toronto Veterinary Emergency is a busy 24-hour emergency and referral hospital located in Scarborough. We are looking for a certified Surgery and Anesthesia Technician to join our team. The role works closely with our board certified surgeons and anesthesiologists, to ensure the best possible patient care. You will be involved with both simple and complex surgical cases. A high level of anesthesia knowledge is required and we are willing to train the right candidate to get to this level. The role also includes a high volume of client interaction as you will be responsible for communication pre and post op. If you have a keen interest in surgery or anesthesia, this is the role for you! Additional qualifications and attributes you must embrace to be successful in this role;
- Registered Veterinary Technician or eligible to register
- Perform clinical procedures; Venipuncture, Catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia monitoring and patient assessment
- Surgical preparation, surgical assistance and patient recovery
- Willing to enhance technical skills; anesthesia, CRI’s, epidurals and mechanical ventilators
- Ability to thrive in a steady and often fast paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Proven ability to keep accurate patient records
- Strong ability to problem-solve
VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures that include wellness days, sick days and vacation time.
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- NAVTA and professional dues
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- And extra perks!
VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.vcacanada.com.
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com