Website VCA Canada
Caring for life's companions
VCA Canada 404 Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital is currently recruiting for a Full time Registered Veterinary Technician to join our busy Anesthesia service.
The 404 is a fully-staffed referral hospital, with board certified specialists and a wide range of referral services including: internal medicine, surgery, exotics, rehabilitation, dermatology, emergency and dentistry/oral surgery. Our hospital is committed to supporting pet owners and the veterinary community by providing the highest level of animal emergency and referral care.
This position involves working directly with or indirectly under the supervision of our DACVAA anesthesiologist. The expectations of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Aid in collecting documents and working up patients prior to general anesthesia or sedation
- Assist with and perform anesthesia and sedation for patients across multiple services in the hospital as needs arise
- Monitor case flows and anticipate any potential delays or conflicts
- Help with and take radiographs, especially pre- and post-procedurally
- Occasional late procedures or emergencies which may extend out of hours.
- No on call is required, but may be offered on a volunteer basis.
Skills that we would anticipate a successful candidate having are:
- Exceptional communications skills that can be tailored to both clients and team members
- A great attention to detail, strong work ethic and desire to learn more about anesthesia and physiology
- Proficient at scheduling; become familiar with procedures and average length of time involved with each procedure
- A coachable attitude that will lead to greater growth and development
- Flexible schedule
- Anesthesia experience required.
- Ability to use & troubleshoot anesthetic ventilators, to perform basic local anesthesia techniques (epidural, brachial plexus blocks, etc.), and arterial sampling / placing arterial catheters is an asset, but training will be provided.
This is an excellent position for VTS Anesthesia certified technicians or those hoping to train and apply for this certification. Applicants must be a Registered Veterinary Technician with the OVTA.
VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures that include wellness days, sick days and vacation time.
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- NAVTA and professional dues
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- And extra perks!
VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.careers.vcacanada.com.
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com