Brand new amazing hospital!
Highly Competitive Wages!
RRSP Employer 5% Match Program!
Moving allowance bonus!
Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada is hiring a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician for to join our dedicated pet health care team.
Come work and play in one of the most beautiful cities in the world! Victoria enjoys the mildest climate of any city in Canada, and boasts the rugged, natural beauty of the Pacific coast.
Join us in providing state of the art veterinary care in our brand new 20,000 sq. Ft. facility, opening late summer. This hospital is well equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, CT and MRI imaging, radiation therapy, on-site diagnostic laboratory, and advanced monitoring equipment.
Currently, our team includes 24-hour emergency and critical care, as well as specialists in Dermatology, Oncology, Diagnostic Imaging, Neurology and Rehabilitation. This summer we will further incorporate Internal Medicine and Surgery.
Join Board Certified Critical Care Specialists in creating our brand new Intensive Care Unit dedicated to providing the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options to support our critical patients. This is an amazing opportunity to broaden your technical skills and learn advanced procedures and techniques from Criticalists with a passion for teaching. VTS certification in Emergency and Critical Care is considered an asset although we would be interested in supporting successful candidates in pursuing this training.
Our hospital culture fosters teamwork and collaboration, enabling us to provide optimal patient care within a collegial work environment. As we grow our hospital and team, we strive to provide an exceptional service to our clients, referring veterinarians and our community.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of normal vital parameters, and the ability to recognize changes and or abnormalities.
- Strong knowledge of asepsis
- Strong mathematics skills (drug dose calculations, CRI’s, dilutions)
- Excellent communication skills, computer and phone skills
- Strong desire to learn and to excel within the profession
- Willingness to enhance your technical skills; anesthesia, CRI’s, epidurals and mechanical ventilators
- Ability to stay calm to recognize and establish priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision when necessary as well as the ability to work as part of a team
- High level of professionalism
- 2 years experience working as an RVT in a specialty hospital
- Registered Veterinary Technician
Contact Cathy Cavanagh at email@example.com for a hospital tour!
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- to amazing mini-courses
- Membership and dues
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or click Apply Now!
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.