Registered Veterinary Technician
Contact: Cathy Cavanagh at email@example.com for a hospital tour!
Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada is hiring full time Emergency Department Registered Veterinary Technicians to join our dedicated pet health care team.
Such a beautiful place to live and work!!
Come work and play in one of the most beautiful cities in the world! Victoria enjoys the mildest climate of any city in Canada, and boasts the rugged, natural beauty of the Pacific coast.
Our amazing hospital !!
Join us in providing state of the art veterinary care in our brand new 20,000 sq. Ft. facility, opening late summer. This hospital is well equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, CT and MRI imaging, radiation therapy, on-site diagnostic laboratory, and advanced monitoring equipment.
Our Intensive Care Unit will enable us to provide patient support and pain and anesthesia case consultations for all internal cases, as well as critical case care on a referral basis. As part of the new facility, the West Coast Cancer Treatment Centre will utilize the latest innovations in veterinary diagnostics and treatment, housing MRI, CT and LINAC modalities.
If you are seeking an opportunity to be a part of a new and growing referral hospital and would like to work with a dedicated and motivated team to bring this new vision to life on Vancouver Island, we would love to talk to you. As the first large Veterinary Referral Hospital on Vancouver Island, this is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of creating the principal center for veterinary care in Victoria and on Vancouver Island in general.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- Completed a Veterinary Technician/Technologist program
- A strong knowledge and understanding of normal vital parameters, and the ability to recognize changes and or abnormalities.
- Strong mathematics skills (drug dose calculations, CRI’s, dilutions)
- Excellent communication skills, computer and phone skills
- A strong desire to learn and to excel within the profession
- A willingness to enhance your technical skills; anesthesia, CRI’s, advanced nursing procedures
- The ability to stay calm to recognize and establish priorities and execute patient triage at all times.
- Excellent organizational skills
- A high level of professionalism
Currently, our team includes 24-hour emergency care, as well as specialists in Dermatology, Oncology, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Internal Medicine and Surgical Oncology.
This is an amazing opportunity to broaden your technical skills and learn advanced procedures and techniques. VTS certification in Emergency and Critical Care is considered an asset although we would be interested in supporting successful candidates in pursuing this training. Our hospital culture fosters teamwork and collaboration, enabling us to provide optimal patient care within a collegial work environment. As we grow our hospital and team, we strive to provide an exceptional service to our clients, referring veterinarians and our community.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Membership and dues
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or click Apply Now!
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.