* New RRSP Employer Match Program!!
Stittsville Small Animal Hospital, located just outside of Ottawa, is welcoming a Registered Veterinary Technician to join our amazing network of skilled veterinary professionals. While our network is large, we still offer that local community feeling, mentorship, and additional training!
- Have completed a Veterinary Technician Program (eligible to register)
- New graduates with knowledge of physical examinations, patient assessment, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, radiology, venipuncture, and pharmacy – welcome to apply! We love growing new graduates!
- Surgical preparation, assistance and patient recovery
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients and their pet parents
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to problem-solve or the ability to ask clarifying questions to help you find solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Passion to learn more within the role
- A love for all companion animals!!
Preparing to write your VTNE? We can help!
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Employer match (5%) group RRSP plan – Planning for your future just got easier with VCA Canada!
- Generous Continuing Education benefits; paid to learn! Access to amazing mini-courses
- Membership and dues
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Employee assistance program
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offers quick access to quality care
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
About Us! Opening in 1979, Stittsville Small Animal Clinic was the first veterinary hospital in the Stittsville area to offer medical care exclusively to small companion animals. Over the 40 years since our journey began, we have grown and expanded our staff and many services, earning Stittsville Small Animal Clinic a reputation as a leader in local veterinary care with a loyal client community. Our hospital provides full surgical and dental suites; ultrasound; handsfree radiology; and many more resources. Live and work where you are close to all amenities; international airport and border crossing; outdoor adventure pursuits; all the civic improvements including schools & hospitals. Flexible schedules with no late evenings and no weekends. Come for a visit and meet our fun and welcoming team!!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (regarding R-56865) or apply directly below!
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.