Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital is welcoming a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our team of skilled veterinary professionals. While our network is large, we still offer that local community feeling, mentorship, and additional training!
- Work with their assigned Surgeon on appointments & surgical procedures
- Keep accurate medical records, answering messages and client communications
- Prepare medications, estimates, and billing
- Comfortable with anesthesia, circulating the operating room and orthopedic radiographs
- Review patient history, prepare flow sheets, and anesthetic protocols
- Coordinate with other departments as needed
- Obtain and prepare lab samples
- Patient management & care
- Willingness to learn and take on additional duties as needed
- Have attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Dedication to providing the best patient experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask & good time management skills
- Exceptional client service
- Compassion, Attentiveness & the ability to adapt to changing environments
- Ability to remain calm and work under pressure and emergency situations
- Has a positive attitude and supports a collaborative environment
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or click Apply Now!
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.