Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital is welcoming a Registered Veterinary Technician, RVT to join our team of skilled veterinary professionals. While our network is large, we still offer that local community feeling, mentorship, and additional training!
- Have completed a Veterinary Technician program. Preparing to write your VTNE? We can help!
- New graduates with knowledge of physical examinations, patient assessment, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, radiology, venipuncture, and pharmacy – welcome to apply! We love growing new graduates!
- Surgical preparation, assisting and patient recovery.
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records.
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients and their pet parents
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to problem-solve or the ability to ask clarifying questions to help you find solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents.
- Passion to learn more within the role.
- A love for all companion animals!!
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation you can thrive in!
- VCA Canada Student Loan RRSP Program – Ask us more!
- Medical Library; 2000+ journals, 600+ textbooks, research, and more at your fingertips!
- Ask us about our mobilization and hands-free radiology!
- RRSP Employer 5 % Match Program – saving for your future just got easier!
- Paid membership and dues; Annual uniform allowance
- Paid wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
About us: Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital is a state-of-the-art veterinary emergency and referral hospital that delivers expert care and treatment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our entire staff of veterinary professionals is 100% dedicated to providing leading-edge medical care for your pet.
We are currently wanting to expand our ER Team and looking for Registered Veterinary Technicians who want to stretch their RVT skills and be a part of an amazing collaborative team and part of the VCA family full-time. We are firm believers of using RVT’s to their full scope of practice and we encourage, promote and reward employees for learning skills and further develop their hands on knowledge and theory as it relates to their patients.
Skills you can learn and master include: the placement of various IV catheters, various urinary catheters, nasogastric tubes, nasal oxygen cannulas; the care and maintenance of patients with NG & E-tubes, closed suction drains, chest tubes, urinary catheters and wound diffusion catheters. Set up, maintenance and adjustment of various IV fluid plans and pain CRI’s along with multiple medication administration.
Hone in on your patient care with treatments of in-hospital patients including blocked cats, gastroenteritis, foreign bodies, fractures, lacerations, GDV, parvo and various autoimmune diseases. Help stabilize and perform anesthesia with our amazing team of specialists for various surgical and wound procedures and surgeries as well as manage them post-operatively.
Above all, be a part of a team that puts each other first along with the care of patients as we implement the best practice veterinary medicine in the GTA.
Email: email@example.com for further information or click Apply Now! (R-152546)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org