Jackson Creek Animal Hospital has an opportunity for an experienced and dedicated Registered Veterinary Technologist (RVT), Team Lead to join our established network of highly skilled professionals. You will have an opportunity to use your technical and leadership skills to the fullest potential.
About Us: Located in the beautiful city of Peterborough, this Kawarthas region has something to offer everyone. Whether you prefer to live downtown, on our amazing farmland, or perhaps you prefer to be near a serene lake, there is something for everyone. This mixture of both urban comforts and cottage country relaxation helps with one of our most important focuses, work-life balance! We are fully equipped with a variety of in-house diagnostics including digital X-ray, ultrasound, dental X-ray, and a complete set of Idexx in-house diagnostic machines.
We are a dynamic team that utilizes cross-training to allow our team to see all aspects of the practice. We work together to provide an exceptional experience for every patient that comes through our doors. With the variety in medicine, our exceptional community and our team, Jackson Creek is a fantastic career opportunity.
The ideal candidate for the Team Lead, RVT position will be confident and excited about building a strong team that aligns with our values. You see your team as an integral part of the broader team and you focus on taking the time to know each member, knowing that each person requires a tailored approach when it comes to learning and performance.
This full-time opportunity includes a range of responsibilities that will be ideal for your strong technical, administrative, and organizational skills that ultimately support the efficient and effective daily operation of the hospital. Additionally, you will ensure our clients and their pets feel welcomed, expertly cared for, and appreciated.
- Registered Veterinary Technician or eligible to register
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- Collaborative and thoughtful communication style
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and people simultaneously
- Technical skills; venipuncture, catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia monitoring, physical examinations and patient assessment, dentistry, nutrition, and pharmacy
- Surgical preparation, assisting, and patient recovery
- Implement process and oversee the coordination of patient records and patient communication
- Attend regular meetings with your General Manager to review schedules, team info, patient files, processes, and areas for improvement
- Oversee a team of RVTs and TA’s including scheduling and training
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Unmatched career longevity providing you with the opportunity to manage your own client appointments in collaboration with VCA Canada Veterinarians
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- VCA Canada RRSP Student Loan Program – Ask us more!
- Extensive online anytime-anywhere access to journals and textbooks
- Ask us about our mobilization and hands-free radiology!
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or click Apply Now! (R-122257)
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.