We are looking for dedicated Registered Veterinary Technicians with a passion for patient care who are energized by the pace of an emergency-specialty environment. You will never be bored, plus you will always be learning with us! Come and work alongside highly trained, specialized RVTs and doctors in an established veterinary hospital.
Alta Vista Animal Hospital is welcoming Registered Veterinary Technicians for our Treatment department. The treatment team members are our superstars of all things patient care-related. These caring and hard-working individuals ensure that all hospitalized patients are treated like one of their own during their stay.
- Successful completion of a Veterinary Technician program
- Minimum 2 years in a Registered Veterinary Technician role (preferred)
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and oral), bilingualism is considered an asset
- Able to support up to 50mg and lift up to 25kg
- Stellar client service skills
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at once
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to organize, takes initiative, works independently, exercises good judgment
- Decision-making and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships with professionalism and integrity
- A positive attitude and use of courtesy, diplomacy and discretion to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality
The treatment members care for inpatients from our ER, GP and specialty departments. With a dedicated staff of 160, including 30 veterinarians, we offer excellence in veterinary medicine because we are passionate about what we do!
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- VCA Canada RRSP Student Loan Program – Ask us more!
- Medical Library; 2000+ journals, 600+ textbooks, research, and more at your fingertips!
- Ask us about our mobilization and hands-free radiology!
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- Wellness apps that assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus.
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care for our associates
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or click Apply Now!
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.