Mississauga-Oakville Emergency Hospital is currently welcoming for Casual Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVTs) to join our established network of highly skilled professionals. Our Emergency RVTs will use their technical skills to the fullest and are given the necessary tools and resources to be successful in pursuing one or multiple passions within our hospital. You will have opportunities to expand your learning through extensive exposure and involvement on various cases.
- Registered Veterinary Technician, RVT or eligible to register
- Confident team player who can also work independently when required
- Excellent customer service skills; a real aptitude for putting pets and pet parents at ease and creating a welcoming environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Ability to perform a variety of clinical procedures including (not limited to):
- Venipuncture, Catheter placement, radiology, in house lab work, anesthesia monitoring and patient assessment
- Willing to further enhance technical skills and expertise
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep accurate medical records
- Ability to thrive and provide a high level of care in an often fast paced environment,
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to adapt in changing situations
Our emergency department provides thorough training to all new staff members, including a mentoring program, to ensure the confidence and preparedness of all new team members. If you want to expand your knowledge and skills, joining the MOVEH team would be a great opportunity for career advancement.
Schedule: This casual position will involve weekend days, evenings, and overnights.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer 5 % Match Program – saving for your future just got easier!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Extensive online anytime-anywhere access to journals and textbooks
- Competitive wages and benefits!
- Opportunity to apply for a Veterinary Technician/Technologist scholarship (annual process)
- Annual uniform allowance
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Click “Apply Now”
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.