RVT Team Lead for Specialty Services
Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital is expanding our leadership team, and looking for candidates who are passionate about providing excellent patient care, are advocates for team well-being and work/life balance, and want to grow into a leadership role in the veterinary industry.
Additional qualifications and attributes you must embrace to be successful in this role;
- Willing to further enhance leadership skills and expertise
- Registered Veterinary Technician or eligible to register
- Ability to thrive and provide a high level of care in an often fast paced environment,
- Contribute to a positive, professional and welcoming workplace culture
We are currently a growing multidisciplinary hospital with experienced and friendly Specialty Services. The specialty team consists of Anesthesia, Cardiology, Critical Care, Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, Rehabilitation, Surgery and Surgical Oncology Departments. These departments include multiple specialists supported by an experienced support team of RVT’s, ACA’s and CSR’s.
A full complement of on-site diagnostic imaging equipment includes 2 digital radiography suites, OEC 9900 Plus fluoroscopy unit, Toshiba Aquilion 64 Slice CT, and Symphony 1.5T MRI suite.
We also have large and an experienced emergency department that operate 24/7. s. After hours and weekend care is provided through our emergency clinic and critical care service staffed with 12 full/part-time emergency veterinarians. We also support a rotating internship, specialized internships and residencies as well as RVT development programs.
Our Team Lead – Specialty services will work with our other Team Leads to provide seamless leadership to our associates and will be supported by our Technical Managers, Assistant General Manager and General Manager.
VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Click APPLY now and upload your resume!
To apply for this job please visit vca.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.