Kortright Animal Hospital is welcoming a full-time, dedicated registered Registered Veterinary Technician, RVT to join our team. If you are a Veterinary Technician student who is graduating soon, we are happy to support and train you for this role. While our network is large, we still offer that local community feeling, mentorship, and additional training.
Our VCA Canada RVT Mobilization initiative provides you the opportunity to use your skills to the fullest potential while managing appointments & extending your professional growth!
Do you have a keen interest in pursuing one or more specialty services; ophthalmology, internal medicine, emergency medicine, surgery, oncology, neurology, dermatology or radiology? Our RVTs are given the necessary tools and resources to be successful in pursuing one or multiple passions within our hospitals. Additional qualifications and attributes you must embrace to be successful in this role:
- Registered Veterinary Technician or eligible to register, or Veterinary Technician student nearing graduation
- Perform clinical procedures; collection and interpretation of skin and ear cytology, needle biopsies, cystocentesis, vaccine administration, venipuncture samples, wound treatment and bandage application, tonometry, blood pressure, Schirmer tear and fluorescein tests, catheter placement
- Surgical preparation, surgical assistance, anesthesia monitoring and patient assessment, patient recovery
- Willing to enhance technical skills; anesthesia, CRI’s, epidurals
- Willing to embrace our commitment to Hands-free Radiology
- Ability to thrive in a steady and often fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Proven ability to keep accurate patient records
- Strong ability to problem-solve or the ability to ask clarifying questions to help you find solutions
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation! you can thrive in!
- VCA Canada Student Loan RRSP Program – Ask us more!
- Medical Library; 2000+ journals, 600+ textbooks, research, and more at your fingertips!
- Ask us about our mobilization and hands-free radiology!
- RRSP Employer 5 % Match Program – saving for your future just got easier!
- Paid membership and dues; Annual uniform allowance
- Paid wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: email@example.com for further information or click Apply Now!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org