Guelph Veterinary Surgery Services is a multi-service facility currently welcoming for a dependable and outgoing Registered Veterinary Technician, RVT to join our team. Our team of board certified Specialists and registered veterinary technicians provide Surgical, Internal Medicine and Cardiology care with a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
This full-time opportunity includes a range of responsibilities, which directly attributes to the efficient and effective daily operation of the departments. Previous experience in a Veterinary Hospital is an asset. A few attributes and qualifications are:
- Registered Veterinary Technician
- Technical skills or knowledge of physical examinations, patient assessment, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, radiology, venipuncture, and pharmacy.
- Surgical preparation, assisting and patient recovery
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients and their pet parents
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to problem-solve or the ability to ask clarifying questions to help you find solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Passion to learn more within the role
- A love for all companion animals!!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in working with our amazing team, we would love to discuss this position with you in more detail.
Hours: 20-30 per week, will include some evenings
VCA Canada Offers!
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Generous compensation, signing bonuses, relocation allowances
- Employer match (5%) group RRSP plan – Planning for your future just got easier with VCA Canada!
- Membership and dues
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Extended health benefits & employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; access to amazing mini-courses. Paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange within our family of hospitals
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: email@example.com for further information or click Apply Now! (R-110386)
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.