Registered Veterinary Technician
Pretoria Animal Hospital has an opportunity for a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician to join our personal practice. At VCA Canada Pretoria Hospital, we are dedicated to excellence in medicine, nurturing the human/pet bond, exceeding client expectations, and treating our co-workers with respect. You will have an opportunity to use your skills to the fullest potential! You will be given the necessary tools and resources to be successful in pursuing multiple passions. Additional qualifications and attributes you must embrace to be successful in this role;
- Have completed a Veterinary Technician program. Eligible to Register with the OAVT.
- New graduates with knowledge of physical examinations, patient assessment, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, radiology, venipuncture, and pharmacy – welcome to apply! We love growing new graduates!
- Surgical preparation, assisting, and patient recovery
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients and their pet parents
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to problem-solve or the ability to ask clarifying questions to help you find solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Passion to learn more within the role
- A love for all companion animals!!
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- RRSP Employer Group Match Program! Saving for your future just got easier with VCA Canada
- Paid membership and dues
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards!
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Email: email@example.com for further information or click Apply Now! (R-101183 )
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.