Website Town of Caledon
Town of Caledon is a dynamic municipality that successfully balances urban, rural, and agricultural communities. Our energetic staff are guided by our core values that create an environment for continuous improvement and customer service excellence.
In addition to offering exciting career opportunities, the Town also provides a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Come see how you can make a difference.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Animal Services, this role is responsible for the overall care and wellbeing of the animals within the control of Animal Services. In addition, this role is also responsible to ensure the cleanliness of the facility, to provide customer service to clients utilizing the services and to assist with administrative duties. This role also monitors the welfare and behavior of animals in the facility and ensures that all work-related policies and procedures are adhered to. As the Associate, Animal Services, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
· Provide guidance to all part time Kennel Assistants and ensure work is performed in compliance with Town of Caledon policies and procedures and provide any special instructions for weekend and evening duties
· Responsible for reporting all work-related accidents, injuries, and incidents to the Supervisor
· Provide humane and skilled handling of domestic animals, wild animals livestock and feral cats, including sick, injured, and aggressive animals in the custody of animal services
· Ensure the kennel facilities are sterile and disinfected and maintain overall cleanliness of the facility
· Perform general housekeeping duties including laundry, clean and disinfect kennels and outdoor enclosures, cat cages, grooming area, kitchen, storage areas, washroom, and office etc.
· Seasonal maintenance of outdoor areas including snow removal and salting of walkways, entrances and exits
· Feed animals, clean food bowls and litter boxes, refill water dishes, prepare food (including special diets) and hand feed animals if necessary
· Exercise and socialize dogs and cats
· Assist with the care of animals by administering medication and special diets etc.
· Arrange for (including transport) and provide delivery and pickup for animals to and from veterinary facilities for medical procedures
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary diploma in Veterinary Technician. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of one (1) year of related experience in an animal related field. The candidate must have knowledge of and rapport with animals and be willing and able to receive regular anti-rabies vaccinations.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge in the care and handling of domestic animals, exotic & wild animals, livestock, and feral cats, including sick, injured and aggressive animals. The successful candidate must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including lifting (up to 100 lbs), bending, twisting, and working in adverse weather conditions, have a valid G Class driver’s licence with no more than 3 demerit points, and work irregular hours including evenings and weekends. We are seeking an individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, a demonstrated ability to deal objectively, calmly, and courteous with the public during dispute or conflict situations, and the ability to recognize and deal effectively with a diversity of animals, problems, and behaviours.
This position offers a salary range of $49,070.63 – $60,137.18 based on a 35-hour work week, including evenings and weekends, plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.
Applications for this posting will be accepted until February 20, 2024 12:00PM.
How To Apply
To learn more about employment with the Town of Caledon and to apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, visit: www.caledon.ca/careers
If needed and upon request, this document can be made available in an alternative format.
To apply for this job please visit caledon.ca.