Website Toronto Animal Health Partners
You were made to save animals. We take care of the rest.
Toronto Animal Health Partners is a state-of-the-art emergency and specialty hospital in Toronto! We are a 32 vet, 110 staff member hospital housed within a 20,000 square foot facility fully equipped with specialty technology found nowhere else in Canada, including our AI triage system and 3 Tesla MRI. We take our commitment to animals, pet parents and the community seriously. We are currently looking for a dynamic, experienced, fun loving RVT to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will enjoy a supportive and dedicated team of professionals. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team where the learning possibilities are endless!
About the role
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Ability to use independent judgement and initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate as a team member
- Should be able to multitask
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Registered Veterinary Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of Anesthesia, the duties and responsibilities of the Registered Veterinary Technician includes, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs evaluation of the patient’s condition by evaluation of the animal, reviewing patient history and diagnostic
- Prepares Preanesthetic Evaluation Form using the above acquired information for discussion with the supervising Anesthesiologist
Case set up and preparation (set up of anesthetic machine, monitors, anesthetic agents required for case, specialized equipment) as per the AHP Anesthetic SOP
- Provides continuous monitoring of the animal throughout the entire anesthetic period
- Transports anesthetized patients/anesthetic machine/patient table from Induction area to MRI, CT, endoscopy, operating room as needed
- Monitoring of animals in the recovery period
- Performs basic laboratory work
- Assist during patient examinations and surgical procedures
- Daily stocking, cleaning and organizing of induction and recovery areas.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation (Starting $25-$30/h, depending on experience)
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance + Exclusive access to webinars and CE events
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage
- RRSP Package with matching
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- And Much more!!
Toronto Animal Health Partners is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role.
There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care.
You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org