Website Thornhill Veterinary Clinic
Hospital: Thornhill Veterinary Clinic
Location: Thornhill, Ontario
Term: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Description: Thornhill Veterinary Clinic has an amazing opportunity for an RVT to join our supportive, progressive, and experienced team. Our RVTs fully utilize their skills, and are integral to the success of our hospital. If you’re looking for a friendly, inclusive and collaborative environment to call home – look no further! An appreciation for the value of client education, preventative medicine, and a team-based approach to patient care is required.
Thornhill Veterinary Clinic is located in the Thornhill Vaughan area, which is one of Toronto’s oldest and most vibrant suburbs. Here at the Thornhill Veterinary Clinic we approach every pet as an individual with his/her own unique set of medical circumstances. Together, with you, we will formulate the best health care program possible for pets. Pets should live life to the fullest. Our job is to make sure that they do just that!
The role would be integrated into a flexible schedule that includes a rotation of Saturdays. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Total Compensation – We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace. If accommodation is needed, please contact email@example.com.
Contact Information: Visit our website at www.thornhillvetclinic.com to learn more; submit your CV to Dionne at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com