Website The Humane Society of Kitchener Waterloo and Stratford Perth
We are looking for an RVT who is passionate about animal welfare and dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable animals in our community to cover a one-year maternity leave position starting May 3rd, 2021. Work with a team of 3 DVMs and 4 other RVTs to provide medical and surgical care for animals in the shelter, as well as community animals in need. This position is 40 hours per week scheduled Monday to Friday in our Kitchener location, and 1 in every 3 to 4 weekends at our Kitchener location in a supervisory role. Wages are competitive for the region.
Regular duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing daily rounds of all animals to identify any medical or behavioural concerns
- Medication administration, vaccination and microchipping as required
- Assisting the veterinarian on daily medical rounds and administering prescribed treatments
- Wellness examinations of new intakes, basic recheck examinations
- Triage of any emergency or urgent patients to ensure timely medical treatment is provided
- Anesthesia and post-operative care of all surgical patients
- Medical care of any hospitalized patients in clinic, including IV fluids, urinary catheters, CRIs
- In house laboratory work including urinalysis and cytology (blood work and fecal sent off site)
- Working with foster families, animal control, shelter staff and volunteers
Priority will be given to applicants who are confident in triage assessment of new intakes and independent decision making. Successful candidates will have ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to change using strong organizational and time management skills. Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s license.
Please submit your resume with cover letter to the attention of Kim McDonald, Senior Human Resource Manager, at email@example.com no later than March 31st, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Humane Society of Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org