Website The Cat Hospital of Kamloops
Position: Registered Veterinary Technologist (RVT)
Hospital: The Cat Hospital of Kamloops
Location: Kamloops, B.C.
Job Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Description: We are not kitten, the purr-fect opportunity awaits in Kamloops! The Cat Hospital of Kamloops is fe-line fine, and would like to add another RVT to our team. Our well-respected feline-only hospital is driven by service excellence, wet noses, and is fully-equipped with digital and digital dental x-ray, state-of-the-art Abaxis in-house lab, ultrasound, thermal imaging, laser therapy, and well-trained kitty support staff. If you’re searching for a progressive clinic, a supportive environment, and the opportunity to mobilize your RVT skills fully and offer the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative care to cats and only cats – search no further! You will be scheduled for 16 – 40 hours per week based on personal preference. Secure the work-life balance you’ve been searching for and enjoy our lovely city located at the forks of the historic Thompson River. We have countless indoor and outdoor sports and activities available at your fingertips, and real estate is still very affordable here. Where else can you golf and ski in the same day?! Escape the hustle and bustle of the larger cities, and ditch the crowds, traffic, dog slobber and daily commute. Love where you live, and live your passion!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) using appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Use gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images using knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Total Compensation – We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: www.thecathospital.ca
Contact Information: Email Sherry at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation to learn more.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com