Website Smith Veterinary Hospital
Position: Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Hospital: Smith Veterinary Hospital
Location: Thornhill, Ontario
Term: Full-time Employment
Description: Seize this amazing opportunity to join Smith Veterinary Hospital, a progressive and well-established small animal clinic located in the GTA. If you’re searching for an opportunity to fully mobilize your RVT skills and make an impact in the Thornhill community, search no further!
Our team is ready to expand, and support somebody interested in working in a collaborative and supportive environment. We’re going to take you under our wing, and we’ve got your back! A team-based approach to medicine is our top priority. Together, we are stronger. Together, we can keep the promises we make to our clients and their pets. Our mission is to provide the best possible medical, surgical, and preventive care. Together, we can achieve this. Pursue your passion, prioritize unparalleled patient care, and join a team of like-minded professionals. Pets. People. Passion!
Our loyal clientele has become accustomed to extraordinary customer service and premium patient care over the past 50 years. We are reviewed by our clients as a warm and compassionate hospital, so it’s important that we find someone with a good-natured and friendly disposition to fit in with our team and uphold our reputation. Our ideal RVT candidate understands the importance of preventive medicine, and takes pride in their emotional intelligence and client communication skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) using appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Use gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at https://svh.ca/
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com