Website Smith Veterinary Hospital
Position: Lead Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Hospital: Smith Veterinary Hospital
Location: Thornhill, Ontario
Term: Full-time Employment
Description: Are you an RVT looking to take the next step in your career? Thinking about management one day? Smith Veterinary Hospital can help develop and cultivate your leadership skills in a positive, collaborative environment.
Smith Veterinary Hospital, a progressive and well-established small animal clinic located in the GTA, is looking for a Lead RVT to join our amazing team. If you’re searching for an opportunity to fully mobilize your RVT skills and make an impact in the Thornhill community, search no further!
Our team is ready to expand, and support somebody interested in working in a collaborative and supportive environment. A team-based approach to medicine is our top priority. Together, we are stronger. Together, we can keep the promises we make to our clients and their pets. Our mission is to provide the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative care. Together, we can achieve this. Pursue your passion, prioritize unparalleled patient care, and join a team of like-minded professionals. Pets. People. Passion!
Our loyal clientele has become accustomed to extraordinary customer service and premium patient care over the past 50 years. We are reviewed by our clients as a warm and compassionate hospital, so it’s important that we find someone with a good-natured and friendly disposition to fit in with our team and uphold our reputation. Our ideal Lead RVT candidate understands the importance of preventative medicine, and takes pride in their emotional intelligence and client communication skills.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a culture champion and positive role model with an optimistic, can-do attitude
- Wants to make the patient experience, the client experience and the team experience the absolute best it can be
- Actively participates in and encourages skill enhancement and continuous learning for yourself and your team
- Is enthusiastic and responsive to coaching and mentorship
- Can direct and support the technical team in areas of patient care, efficient use of time, best medicine, SOPs, etc
- Leads client education initiatives including diet, parasiticides, blood work, dentals, etc
- Meets regularly with the Practice Manager and Medical Director to share ideas and feedback
- Oversees the supervision and training of RVTs, veterinary assistants and kennel attendants
- Preferably has experience with hands free x-ray, dental x-ray and Idexx in house lab
Total Compensation – We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Contact Information: Submit your CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org