Website Queen West Aimal Hospital
We realize everyone is looking for Registered Veterinary Technicians these days so we decided to forego the usual ad and come right out and make a heartfelt pitch as to why you really want to work at Queen West.
Here it goes…
· You will be supported by an unbelievable team of highly trained managers, veterinarians, other RVTs, veterinary assistants and receptionists at every step of the way.
· You will utilize every aspect of your training. Our RVTs only perform technical work and client communication. This means no reception work and minimal assistant work.
· You will work a 4-5 day week.
· You will leave on time almost all the time. We discourage staying late.
· You will be working in literally the hippest and coolest neighbourhood in not only Canada but the world (at least according to Vogue magazine… and us)
· You will be working in a spacious, new, beautifully designed 5000+ square foot facility in downtown Toronto with an awesome staffroom with couches and a kitchen, a really nice shower, a sprawling treatment room and pharmacy, six exam rooms, cat ward, dog ward, nursing station, lab, dental suite, etc… the list goes on.
· You will be working at the hospital that has won almost all the recent NOW Magazine awards for best veterinary facility in the city, as voted by the pet owners of Toronto (read our zillions of incredible reviews).
· You will have access to free shared parking and an electric car charger if needed.
· You will indulge in free healthy and not so healthy snacks from our world renowned snack table and snack fridge.
· Your lunch break will be paid.
· We will pay your CVO dues and OVMA fees (as part of our hospital membership).
· You will receive an annual CE allowance of $750 and three paid days to attend CE events
· You will be covered by our Canada Life health care benefits plan.
· You will actively be encouraged to take a real lunch, to leave on time, to take holidays and enjoy life. We are genuinely all about a legitimate work-life balance.
· You will love our boisterous monthly staff meetings.
· We have a zero tolerance policy for abusive clients, and always support our staff in situations of conflict.
· If you’re not feeling well or just need a day, you can take a paid sick day up to five times a year.
· You will have a ton of fun at one of our biannual super fun staff parties (summer and Christmas)
· You will laugh a lot, love your co-workers, make friends and feel respected, nurtured and heard.
· You will look forward to coming to work.
· You will work in an environment of pro-active management, where there is a perpetual effort to act rather than react.
· Your opinions and thoughts on cases will matter. Our DVMs actively seek input from our RVTs and respect their perspectives.
· Your pets will be looked after at Queen West at cost. We have never and will never make money off our staff.
· And lastly, you will be compensated very competitively. Salary range for this position is $24 to $32 depending on experience level.
Basically, we’re pretty awesome, and can’t wait to meet you.
So, if you’re reading this you’re already looking for a change or thinking about it. We’d like to humbly ask you to consider us in your plans. You absolutely won’t regret it.
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid lunch breaks
· 10 hour shift
· Day shift
· Monday to Friday
· Weekend availability
Registered Veterinary Technician: 1 year (preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com