Production Poultry Veterinary Services
Passion for poultry, commitment to excellence
Production Poultry Veterinary Services (PPVS) seeking a versatile and motivated individual to fill the combined role of Veterinary Assistant and Office Administrator in our commercial poultry veterinary practice. This position requires a dynamic professional who can seamlessly transition between providing hands-on support to the veterinary team and managing administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operation of our practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in poultry health, possess excellent organizational and communication skills, and be committed to delivering high-quality care to our clients.
- Collaborate with our veterinarians to provide support during intake, examination, sampling, diagnosis, and treatment of poultry flocks.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records for poultry flocks, collaborating with the veterinary team to create and maintain comprehensive documentation while prioritizing and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Communicate with poultry producers to gather information, receive requests, and relay information from our veterinarians.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in office and exam room areas to create a professional and welcoming environment.
- Manage the receipt and organization of supply orders, maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Deal tactfully and respectfully with all challenging situations that may arise, demonstrating professionalism and empathy.
- Attend team building and training sessions to enhance professional development and contribute to a positive team culture.
- Positively contribute to all day-to-day tasks, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Adhere to all established protocols and guidelines set by PPVS.
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach to tasks, ensuring precision and accuracy in all aspects of work.
- Exhibit the capability to effectively multitask, solve problems efficiently, and prioritize daily tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Showcase exceptional interpersonal skills when interacting with colleagues and clients, fostering positive and professional relationships.
- Demonstrate proficiency in working with computers, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exhibit strong time management skills to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and within designated timelines.
- Display flexibility in adapting to changing circumstances and varying tasks, contributing to a responsive and adaptable work approach.
- Previous experience in both veterinary practice and office administration is preferred but not required.
- Commercial poultry experience would be considered an asset.
- A reliable vehicle and valid G license are prerequisites for this position.
Hours & Location:
Please note that our standard hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Given the nature of our work in livestock medicine, there may be instances where additional work hours are necessary outside of the regular office hours to address the needs of our clients and their flocks.
The position is primarily based out of our Arthur (Wellington) practice. Candidates should be prepared for occasional travel, including travel to our Brucefield (Huron) practice, deliveries and pick-ups as required based on operational needs. This dynamic aspect of the role ensures collaboration across our practice locations, contributing to the overall success and cohesion of our team.
- Remuneration begins at $25 per hour and is subject to increase based on experience.
- Health Spending Account provided, allowing employees with flexibility and control over their healthcare expenses. This includes coverage for eligible medical, dental, vision, and wellness-related expenses, allowing for personalized and efficient management of health-related costs.
- Uniform allowance provided, enabling employees to choose their preferred clothing and have it branded with our logo.
- Mileage reimbursed at the provincial standard rate.
- Employees are eligible for performance bonuses based on individual and company achievements, recognizing, and rewarding outstanding contributions.
- Annual merit-based salary increases are granted to employees based on their performance, dedication, and contributions to the success of the organization.
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for poultry health and a commitment to excellence, we invite you to apply for this position at PPVS. Please send resumes to email@example.com
We extend our gratitude to all applicants and want to note that only those chosen for an interview will receive further communication. Thank you for your understanding.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org