Prince Edward Animal Hospital
Prince Edward Animal Hospital is looking for a Registered Veterinary Technician for part time, up to full time hours. Team of 2 veterinarians and 5 support staff have been servicing Prince Edwards County and surrounding areas for over 30 years, located in Picton. We are dedicated to offering our clients and their pets’ quality, experienced and accessible veterinary care. Prince Edward Animal Hospital offers digital radiographs, dental cleaning/extractions, basic in-house lab work, ultrasounds, and more. We also assist the Loyalist Humane Society and various other rescues with spaying and neutering stray cats to help lower the cat population in our community.
The qualified candidate will be expected to
– Possess their Registered status with the OAVT, however new graduates are welcome to apply!
– Assist veterinarians in appointments by administering medications, restraining, and record keeping
– Assist veterinarians in surgery by inducing, prepping the surgical site, monitoring and recovering patients
– Take x-rays
– Perform in house lab work such as urinalysis, fecals, cytology and blood smears as needed
– Chart, scale and polish teeth
– Discharge patients and provide post-op care details to clients
– Basic knowledge of AviMark veterinary software system
– Work closely with veterinarians to provide excellent care to in hospital patients
– Possess a good sense of humor and a positive attitude!
– Paid OAVT dues
– Yearly uniform allowance
– Continuing education credits
– Products and medications for your pets at cost with 40% treatments off exams and treatments
– A supportive staff environment
– The opportunity to learn and grow with our team and more!
Come work with us in beautiful Prince Edward County! Please call 613 393 2211 with any questions or e-mail us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to Princeedwardah@gmail.com