Website Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity and has been operating for 150 years. The Society provides care, comfort and compassion to animals in need in communities across Ontario; we value all animals and advocate to treat them with respect and kindness. We strive to keep pets and families together and do so through a variety of community support services.
Full Time Manager, Spay & Neuter Clinic: We are seeking a full time Manager to oversee the operations of our busy Spay & Neuter Veterinary Clinic located in Barrie, Ontario. With a passion for shelter medicine and operations management, this position will oversee a team of dedicated receptionists and Registered Veterinary Technicians in a high-volume clinic setting. This position, both challenging and rewarding, is suitable for those who love to work in a fast paced and structured environment. The successful candidate will embody service excellence as a core value to ensuring a high standard of care for our animal residents during their short stay.
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Marion Vernon Clinic – Barrie, ON
A Typical Day
· Welcoming clients and their pets
· Leading by example in all aspects of client service and standard of care
· Supervise, coach and motivate employees, ensuring efficient operations of the clinic
· Identify opportunities for operational improvement and share ideas with the Chief Veterinary Officer
· General administrative duties including team scheduling, budget planning, back up reception
· Lead a variety of human resources activities including, interviewing, employee onboarding, training and performance management
· Training clinic staff on Shelter Health and Wellness concepts and protocols and providing ongoing follow up
· Cultivating a strong partnership and working relationships with the Manager and team members at the Provincial Education and Adoption Centre
Why You Should Join Our Team?
· Be part of an energetic team environment with others who share your passion for animal wellbeing!
· Competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision benefits
· Employee Family Assistance Program
· Paid sick and vacation time
· Predictable day time hours
· Onsite parking
· Discounted virtual pet care
· Discounted pet food and supplies
· Discounted Ontario SPCA PAWS & Give merchandise
Do You Have What it Takes?
· You are a Registered Veterinary Technician
· Passion for shelter medicine
· 2-4 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably within a high volume animal clinic
· Strong administrative, and organizational skillset
· Exceptional Customer Service skills
· Excellent communicator both written and verbal
· Ability to work onsite Monday-Friday with the odd Saturday as needed.
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Provincial Manager of Veterinary Clinic Services
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “Clinic Manager” in the subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com