Website Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity and has been operating for 150 years. The Society provides care, comfort and compassion to animals in need in communities across Ontario; we value all animals and advocate to treat them with respect and kindness. We strive to keep pets and families together and do so through a variety of community support services.
Why You Should Join Our Team?
No on-call! Have work/life balance! Help to make a difference in the lives or animals without the long hours. Be part of an energetic team environment with others who share your passion for animal wellbeing!
· Competitive compensation package including employer paid medical, dental and vision benefits
· Employee Family Assistance Program
· Paid sick time
· Predictable day time hours
· Pet food and supply Discounts
· Onsite parking
Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT): We are seeking an RVT with a passion for shelter medicine to assist in shelter animal care. This position, both challenging and rewarding, is suitable for those who love to work in a fast paced and structured environment.
Location: York Region Spay Neuter Clinic, Stouffville On
Status: Full time position 32 to 40 hours per week
A Typical Day
· Welcome clients and their pets
· Providing exceptional care for our animals during their stay
· Assisting veterinarian with animals before, during, and following surgery. As well as assisting them with wellness procedures
· Preparing surgical equipment, administering and monitoring anaesthetics and post-surgery clean up
· Handling, restraining and caring for animals undergoing treatment and surgery using low stress and fear free techniques
· Monitoring the recovery of animals post-surgery
· Preparing and administering medications and vaccines under direction of veterinarian
· General administrative duties includes booking appointments
· General house-keeping duties and sterilizing of hospital/medical equipment
Do You Have What it Takes?
· Validation of being a Registered Veterinary Technician
· Passion for shelter medicine
· 1-4 years of experience as a registered veterinary technician, preferably within a high volume animal clinic
· Administrative experience an asset
· Available to work weekdays
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
York Region, Spay Neuter Clinic
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “RVT” in the subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com .
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org