Website Nepean Animal Hospital
Nepean Animal Hospital is seeking a passionate and experienced Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our team. Our hospital caters to small animals, pocket pets and offers urgent care. We take pride in having won the Faces award for best hospital three years in a row.
We are committed to creating a learning culture and providing opportunities for our team members to grow and develop. We share information on any available webinars and our team is eager to help everyone learn and grow within their career.
We offer a 3.5 day work week and work as a great team that supports each other. Our hospital focuses on urgent care which means you will have the opportunity to see some interesting cases and assist with many different surgeries.
Curious about what it’s really like to work at our hospital? Listen to Celina, one of our skilled RVTs, who shares, “Working at Nepean and Chapman Mills Animal Hospitals has been an incredibly positive experience for me. Our inclusive environment and supportive team have boosted my confidence. I take pride in the wide range of cases we handle and the work we do with local rescues. Whatever challenges come our way, our staff always bands together to ensure a successful outcome.”
If you are passionate about providing the best care to animals, enjoy working in a supportive environment, and thrive on learning and development, then we would love to hear from you!
For more info about our team and clinic cat, head to our Facebook page and follow our clinic cat on Instagram!
About the Role
Our candidate must have:
- Veterinary Technician Diploma
- New grads are welcome to apply
- Passed the VTNE or will soon be passing the VTNE
- Good standing with their provincial regulatory association
We are seeking candidates who possess the following qualities:
- Enthusiastic, friendly with a positive attitude
- Versatile and adaptable when presented with day-to-day challenges
- Collaborate with their team
- Motivated individual who will take initiative in the workplace
- Driven by their career to learn and develop new skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation (Starting at $20-25 per hour, depending on experience)
- Flexible Schedule (3.5 Day Work Week!)
- Annual Performance Reviews and ability to develop in your profession
- Various Team Building Activities
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Uniforms Provided
- Continuing education allowance + Access to exclusive webinars and CE events
- Health and dental plus a fantastic EAP, access to Telus Health telemedicine & loads of other benefit perks
- RRSP package with matching
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the Oscar Fund activities
- AMAZING medical and pet supply discounts
- And much more!!
Nepean Animal Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy is anything but ordinary! Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact on the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do.
From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role.
There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care.
You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org