Website Leaside Animal Clinic
You were made to save animals. We take care of the rest.
Leaside Animal Clinic has been a proud member of the Leaside community for 42 years! We are pleased to say that in that time we have had many wonderful first and second-generation families continue to bring their pets to see us. We are proud to provide a wide variety of veterinary medical services for cats and dogs!
At our clinic we are able to diagnose afflictions with digital radiographs, in-house lab equipment, and a designated dental ward. Our team currently consists of 4 veterinarians, and 15 team members. Many team members have an extensive experience profile to draw from and share, several team members have been at the clinic 20 plus years.
We are looking for an energetic RVT to join our team. The ideal candidate is organized, a self starter, and a team player!
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- VT Diploma
- Passion for what you do every day!
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
How you’ll make a Difference
As part of the medical team, you will work in a state-of-the-art facility that’s fully equipped. You will play a key role in our hospital and will utilize all of your skills, including:
- Working closely with your veterinarian as a team to provide the best care for our patients.
- Collecting samples and performing laboratory tests
- Conducting X-Ray studies
- Preparing animals and operating rooms and monitoring anesthesia during surgeries
- Administering medications
- Discharging patients and providing post-operative care
- Filling prescriptions
- Making client follow-up calls
- Keeping meticulous records
- Able to stay the course under pressure
- Ability to give lots of cuddles to our patients
Leaside Animal Clinic is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy is anything but ordinary. Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact in the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do.
From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role.
There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care.
You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.
WHAT WE OFFER
- SIGNING BONUS!
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- Competitive compensation
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the MacKenzie Fund activities
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
- Uniform Allowance
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com