Lakeshore Animal Health Partners (“Lakeshore”) is seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician for our 24/7 ICU department. Lakeshore will be located in the Greater Toronto Area and plans to offer 24/7 emergency care alongside a comprehensive array of specialty veterinary services. At the root of everything we do at Animal Health Partners is our guiding mission to provide pets with access to the same quality of healthcare available to their owners. Animal Health Partners and VetStrategy are partnering to build Lakeshore, the second AHP location, as our next step toward that mission.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- $4000 (CAD) Retention Bonus Annually
- UNLIMITED Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage
- Competitive compensation, wages from $23-32/hr (CAD) for licensed Veterinary Technicians
- Paid sick days + 2 “You deserve it!” paid days off per year
- A unique 2 days, 2 nights, 5 DAY OFF rotation
- Paid Uniform Allowance
- An GRSP match program
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need
- Industry LEADING Pet and medical supply discounts!! Ask us for more info!!
- Canada wide internal transfer opportunities
About the role
You will be exposed to emergency and critical care departments as part of our integrated care model. In addition, you will experience advanced nursing techniques and other specialty procedures not routinely performed in regular practice.
Our ideal candidate require:
- Veterinary Technician Specialty (VTS) in Emergency & Critical Care is considered an asset
- Registered Veterinary Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians (required)
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to learn and apply skills to deliver high quality medicine
- Strong communication skills
- An ability and desire to flourish in new environments
- Passion for what you do every day!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assessing and treating critically ill patients
- Ability to identify and report changes in health status
- IV catheterization and blood drawing skills
- Perform and submit lab work and diagnostics
- Ability to monitor patients during sedation procedures
- Following treatment orders on an electronic system (e.g., EzyVet, VetRadar)
- Work well as part of a team
- Experience working with complex ICU cases including the use of ICU ventilators and blood transfusions is considered an asset
Lakeshore Animal Health Partners is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy is anything but ordinary. Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact in the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do. From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role. There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care. You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.
Lakeshore will share many of the same amenities as the existing Animal Health Partners location in an expanded footprint. The technical proficiency and medical equipment at Toronto Animal Health Partners equal or exceed that found in many sophisticated human hospitals; our 3-Tesla MRI provides clinicians with exceptional diagnostic capabilities. Furthermore, AI-enabled software systems and our hospital design, informed by veterinarians in our network, help support our clinicians by keeping their focus on delivering high-quality care to patients.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com