Lakeshore Animal Health Partners will be located in the Greater Toronto Area and plans to offer 24/7 emergency care alongside a comprehensive array of specialty veterinary services. At the root of everything we do at Animal Health Partners is our guiding mission to provide pets with access to the same quality of healthcare available to their owners. Animal Health Partners and VetStrategy are partnering to build Lakeshore, the second AHP location, as our next step toward that mission. We are looking to hire RVTs for our Neurology department.
Lakeshore Animal Health Partners will share many of the same amenities as the existing Animal Health Partners location in an expanded footprint. The technical proficiency and medical equipment at Toronto Animal Health Partners equal or exceed that found in many sophisticated human hospitals; our 3-Tesla MRI provides clinicians with exceptional diagnostic capabilities. Furthermore, AI-enabled software systems and our hospital design, informed by veterinarians in our network, help support our clinicians by keeping their focus on delivering high-quality care to patients.
About the role
Our ideal candidate you will have:
- Registered Veterinary Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
- A strong drive to help pets (and their pet-parents)
- Ability to use independent judgement and initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a cooperative team setting
- Should be able to multitask
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- New grads welcomed!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patient care, including admitting patients to the hospital, placing IV catheters, administering medications and performing passive range of motion exercises of neurology abnormal patients
- Anesthesia – case preparation and set up of anesthetic machine, monitors, anesthetic agents required for case and specialized equipment as per the AHP Anesthetic SOP
- Provides continuous monitoring of the animal throughout the entire anesthetic period
- Acquire radiographs
- Operate CT scanner
- Administer sedation and monitor patients as required for procedures
- Collect, prepare and submit lab samples
- Perform basic laboratory work
- Create and manage patient day sheets according to internist orders
- Assist during patient examinations and procedures
- Communicate with clients during collection of history, patient discharges or getting clinical updates over the phone and helping answer client clinical questions
This role works out of a dynamic clinic setting and requires computer usage (research, typing, etc.) and medical equipment usage. This role oversees the health and wellness of animals which may require bending, lifting, twisting. This role requires daily attention to multiple priorities and competing demands with minimal supervision.
Lakeshore Animal Health Partners is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy is anything but ordinary. Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact in the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do.
From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role.
There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care.
You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage
- Competitive compensation ($22-32/hr according to experience)
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
- Canada wide internal transfer opportunities
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org