Lakeshore Animal Health Partners (“Lakeshore”) is seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician for the Internal Medicine department.
Lakeshore will be located in the Greater Toronto Area and plans to offer 24/7 emergency care alongside a comprehensive array of specialty veterinary services. At the root of everything we do at is our guiding mission to provide pets with access to the same quality of healthcare available to their owners. Animal Health Partners and VetStrategy are partnering to build Lakeshore, the second AHP location, as our next step toward that mission. We are looking to hire RVTs for our Internal Medicine department, with start dates planned as early as January 2023.
Lakeshore will share many of the same amenities as the existing Animal Health Partners location in an expanded footprint. The technical proficiency and medical equipment at Animal Health Partners equal or exceed that found in many sophisticated human hospitals; our 3-Tesla MRI provides clinicians with exceptional diagnostic capabilities. Furthermore, AI-enabled software systems and our hospital design, informed by veterinarians in our network, help support our clinicians by keeping their focus on delivering high-quality care to patients.
About the role
- As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Registered Veterinary Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills
- New graduates welcome
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire radiographs
- Operate CT scanner
- Administer sedation and monitor patients as required for procedures
- Collect and prep samples
- Perform basic laboratory work
- Patient care
- Case set up and preparation (set up of anesthetic machine, monitors, anesthetic agents required for case, specialized equipment) as per the AHP Anesthetic SOP
- Provides continuous monitoring of the animal throughout the entire anesthetic period
- Create and manage patient day sheets according to internist orders
- Assist during patient examinations and procedures
- Communicate with clients during collection of history, patient discharges or getting clinical updates over the phone and helping answer client clinical questions
Skills and Effort Requirements
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate as a team member
- Should be able to multitask
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
This role works out of a dynamic clinic setting and requires computer usage (research, typing, etc.) and medical equipment usage. This role oversees the health and wellness of animals which may require bending, lifting, twisting. This role requires daily attention to multiple priorities and competing demands with minimal supervision.
Animal Health Partners is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. Vetstrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage
- Competitive compensation
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
- Canada wide internal transfer opportunities
- We offer high starting pay, an exciting work environment and an excellent compensation package. Benefits include medical/dental coverage, paid sick days, paid CE, uniform allowance and a generous pet discount.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org