You were make to save animals. We take care of the rest.
Lakeshore Animal Health Partners (“Lakeshore”) is seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician for the Oncology department. Lakeshore will be located in the Greater Toronto Area and plans to offer 24/7 emergency care alongside a comprehensive array of specialty veterinary services. At the root of everything we do at Animal Health Partners is our guiding mission to provide pets with access to the same quality of healthcare available to their owners. Animal Health Partners and VetStrategy are partnering to build Lakeshore, the second AHP location, as our next step toward that mission. We are looking to hire RVTs for our Oncology department.
Lakeshore will share many of the same amenities as the existing Animal Health Partners location in an expanded footprint. The technical proficiency and medical equipment at Toronto Animal Health Partners equal or exceed that found in many sophisticated human hospitals; our 3-Tesla MRI provides clinicians with exceptional diagnostic capabilities. Furthermore, AI-enabled software systems and our hospital design, informed by veterinarians in our network, help support our clinicians by keeping their focus on delivering high-quality care to patients. We also aim to utilize clinical research as a component of our hospitals, especially in the Oncology service, to help drive discovery in coordination with human and veterinary teaching hospitals.
About the role
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Registered Veterinary Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
- Experience in Oncology is a requirement
- Strong venipuncture skills are a must
- This role includes administration of chemotherapy and knowledge of these medications is a must
- Passion for what you do every day!
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Ideally interested in research and teaching
- Interest in oncology knowledge development; including partaking in journal club, daily rounds, and other activities in the hospital
- Skills and Effort Requirements
- Under the supervision of the oncologist, the duties and responsibilities of the Oncology RVT includes:
- Strong emphasis on patient care
- Medical record documentation (including flow sheets, daily soaps, pertinent laboratory data, prescriptions and other data systems) and transmitting this information to other services who will be involved on an individual case basis
- History taking for recheck and chemotherapy appointments as well as discharges for patients to clients
- Primarily manage supply of chemotherapy and equipment inventory
- Strong mathematical skill with ability to calculate and dispense medications at the direction of the Oncologist on staff
- Performing and submitting laboratory samples
- Assisting the oncologist in procedures such as sedated biopsies or CT scans
- Administering oral, IM, IV medications
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate as a cooperative team member
- Detail oriented, strong proficiency and efficiency with computer systems and software
- Should be able to multitask
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Lakeshore Animal Health Partners is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
This role works out of a dynamic clinic setting and requires computer usage (research, typing, etc.) and medical equipment usage. This role oversees the health and wellness of animals which may require bending, lifting, twisting. This role requires daily attention to multiple priorities and competing demands with minimal supervision.
WHAT WE OFFER
- $22.00 – $32.00 per hour
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Paid CE
- Paid sick days
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage
- Competitive compensation
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
- Canada wide internal transfer opportunities
- Uniform allowance
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com