Kingfisher International Inc.
Kingfisher International Inc. is a contract research organization that specializes in in-vivo GLP/GCP studies in dogs and cats in support of drug, nutritional supplement, and vaccine development exclusively for the domestic and international veterinary market. Our goal is to change the lives of pets by being leaders in veterinary research through professionalism, compassion, respect, and integrity, and teamwork. Kingfisher International Inc. is looking for candidates to fill Tier 1 Veterinary Technician positions. All jobs are full time and permanent, starting as soon as possible. The successful applicants will have a Veterinary Technician background with strong animal care and multi-tasking abilities with the capability to be flexible in shifts.
Registered Veterinary Technicians are highly trained professionals who work as an integral part of our animal health team. In these position you will use your knowledge and practical skills to provide gold standard veterinary care in support of scientific research. You will work alongside a team of veterinarians, registered veterinary technicians, and animal care attendants.
· Feeding, cleaning and watering of animals and animal rooms.
· General animal care, such as nail trims, ear cleaning and providing enrichment.
· Handle and restrain animals for procedures.
· Observing animals and bringing any physical or behavioural abnormalities to the attention of the Veterinarian and/or Study Director.
· Promptly and accurately record data.
· Treat animals by oral, SQ, IM, and IV routes of administration.
· Collect blood, urine, and other samples in a professional, accurate, and atraumatic manner.
· Perform other diagnostic tests and procedures as needed (e.g. cytology, manual differentials).
· Assist with veterinary procedures, anaesthesia, necropsies and surgeries.
Skills and Qualifications for RVT Applicants:
· Completed a Veterinary Technician/Technologist Diploma from an accredited program (new grads welcome).
· Knowledge of CCAC guidelines and previous GLP/GCP experience an asset but not required.
· Strong organization and management skills with the ability to multi-task.
· Good problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
· Excellent oral and communication skills.
· Weekend work and overtime required.
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
· Long periods of standing and bending.
· Laboratory/animal environment with potential biohazards present.
· Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
· Group health benefits offered after a 3 month probation.
· CE opportunities.
· RVT dues coverage.
· Uniforms provided.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com