Website King Animal Hosptal King Animal Hosptal
Leading With Care
King Animal Hospital, a new Equine and Small Animal Referral and Emergency Hospital, is seeking a passionate and experienced Lead Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team.
Our hospital is a 55,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility located on serene 50 acres in King City, Ontario, and will offer all specialty referral, rehabilitation, and emergency services.
The Lead Registered Veterinary Technician is a critical role in King Animal Hospital. In this role, you will report to the Chief Medical Officer and be accountable for leading and managing the Registered Veterinary Technicians and the Animal Care Associate team. The purpose of the role is to ensure a high standard of care for patients.
This position will include but not be limited to the following duties:
Planning & Staff Recruitment & Development: (50 per cent of the time)
- Lead, coach, and manage our Small Animal Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVTs) and Animal Care Associates (ACAs) within referral and emergency services departments.
- Create orientation, career paths, and learning & enrichment plans for each employee.
- Develop engagement and team-building plans, exercises, and events.
- Designing and managing schedules, assignments, and tasks.
- Assisting in the workforce planning, attraction, recruitment, selection, evaluation, and development of staff
- Implementing guidelines and standard operating procedures to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Coach, mentor and provide performance feedback to staff including daily huddles and ensure that employees have a voice in decision-making and concerns are addressed.
- Ensure medical records are accurate and maintained in accordance with hospital policy.
- Administering budgets, monitoring resources and supplies, and other administrative duties
- Stay up to date on trends and changes in the practice.
Fulfill the role of Clinical Oversight on the Floor (approximately 50 percent of time) including:
- Works closely with DVMs, Medical Specialists, RVTs, ACA’s and Client Relations teams to provide excellent patient care.
- Conduct rounds with RVTs and ACA’s
- Provide technical and clinical education and instruction.
- Oversee RVTs and ACA’s to provide guided instruction and support.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has at least eight (8) years experience working as a Registered Veterinary Technician.
- Ideally have at least two (2) years of experience in a Referral Animal Hospital or emergency department; and at least two (2) years of experience leading high performing team of veterinary staff in a supervisory capacity.
- Enthusiastic about animal health. You demonstrate strong leadership skills and are excited about contributing to the development of a high-performing team and a positive and collaborative culture.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, people skills and emotional intelligence.
- You value input from the team, share information openly and include team where possible in decision making.
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching others for success.
Strong professionalism, judgement, problem solving attention to detail and conflict management skills.
What We Offer
King Animal Hospital is dedicated to excellent patient care but is also committed to employee wellness and development:
As a practitioner, you will be able to provide excellent patient care through the support of strong diagnostics, and a multidisciplinary team that will include fellow RVTs, strong ACA support and Board-Certified Surgeons, Critical Care Specialists, Neurologists, Internists, Anesthesiologists, Ophthalmologists, Dermatologists, and Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine Specialists.
We will provide training on leading diagnostics including but not limited to 1.5 MRI (Siemens) for equine, 3.0 T MRI for small animals, CT scan for small animals, CT scan with a robotic arm for equine, digital x-ray, and ultrasound, laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, and hyperbaric chamber.
- We are committed to ensuring you have meaningful work with continuing education and career path planning.
- Wellness is built systemically into the hospital with full bench strength support, an onsite Social Worker and Human Resources professional, paid time off, healthy schedules, defined roles and responsibilities, and a corporate gym.
- We will work hard to ensure you are seen for the unique contributions that you bring to the hospital.
- We understand the importance of strong interdepartmental communications and are dedicated to ensuring all employee’s voices are heard.
- All leaders will have leadership training to further support a positive culture.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Extended health and dental insurance, and life insurance,
- Paid time off including vacation, sick days, personal days,
- Annual budget of 2000 for continuing education,
- Discounts on personal pet services and products,
- RRSP matching p to 5 % to support your retirement.
- OAVT dues
- Discounts on personal pet products and services
Additionally, as a team member of King Animal Hospital, you will have the opportunity to further develop your skills in a supportive, collaborative environment and to advance your career alongside leading experts in the veterinary industry.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Registered Veterinary Technician” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org