Website Emergency Veterinary Clinic of Waterloo Region
Emergency Veterinary Clinic of Waterloo Region
We are looking for full time Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our privately owned 24/7 Emergency Team.
We are seeking a motivated individual with excellent communication skills. Attention to detail, punctuality, and organization skills are essential. The ability to stay calm and focused in stressful situations is a must. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to function both independently and with a team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
· Triaging emergencies
· Admitting patients for hospitalization
· Performing inpatient nursing care
· Performing technical procedures such as venipuncture, IV catheter placement, radiographs
· Conducting a variety of laboratory tests
· Assisting for a variety of procedures, urinary catheter placement, feeding tube placement, thoracentesis, etc.
· Anesthetizing and monitoring patients during procedures
· Communicating with clients (patient updates, medication and discharge instructions)
Experience as an RVT, preferably in an emergency hospital would be a strong asset, although new grads are welcome to apply! We offer above-market wages, paid dues, overnight shift premiums, CE, health/dental benefits, personal pet discounts and more. Hours include daytime, evening, and overnight shifts.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org