Website Dog Tales Rescue & Sanctuary
A world-renowned Dog Rescue and Horse Sanctuary
ABOUT DOG TALES:
Dog Tales is a world-renowned dog rescue and horse sanctuary set on an incredible 50 acres of green fields, rolling hills, and wooded areas in King City, Ontario. Our picturesque location – complete with kilometers of walking trails, therapy pools, and a grooming spa – is the perfect setting for abused and neglected animals to heal and be rehabilitated while they wait for forever homes. Along with medical care, our team provides all of the love, attention and training that our rescue animals need to recover from their difficult pasts, so that they can move on to permanent, loving homes, which most do. For the rest, Dog Tales is home for as long as they need it to be.
If you would like to be part of an energetic and compassionate team, where you can make an impact and difference in the lives of countless animals, join us!
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
We are looking for full time Animal Care Attendants (ACA) to join our team! Our ACAs are an essential part of our medical team. Working alongside our Registered Veterinary Technicians, ACAs primarily focus on nutrition, assisting in daily treatments and handling blood collection. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented when it comes to recognizing animal behaviours and have compassion, sensitivity, and patience.
- Preparing meals and feeding animals
- Assisting RVT’s with treatments and medication
- Processing in-house bloodwork
- Transferring dogs to and from appointments (locally and within the GTA)
- Maintaining a clean and organized work space in a fast paced environment
- Walking medical and/or post surgical dogs
- Providing rehab to pre and post surgical orthopaedic cases
- Monthly body checks
- Heart worm, flea and tick administration
- Tag licensing
- Calculate food requirements
- Other responsibilities as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Veterinary Assistant – 2 years (preferred)
- Clinical experience is preferred
- Shelter experience is an asset
- Knowledge of Avimark is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License (G) & access to a vehicle (required) clear drivers abstract – no tickets
- Ability to lift & carry up to 50lbs
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Extended benefits package
- Free daily staff lunch & dinner
- Paid sick days & vacation time
- Employee appreciation events
SCHEDULE: All of our animals require care all year round including weekends and evenings. Therefore, our team members work varied shifts of mornings and evenings from Monday-Sunday, including holidays.
Please note, reliable access to a car is necessary as there is no public transit near our facility.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org