Swine Registered Veterinary Technician
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm with some flexibility
Location: Woodstock, Ontario
WHO ARE WE?
Swine Veterinary Partners is a group of 4 clinics across Canada: Demeter Services Vétérinaires (QC), Demeter Veterinary Services (ON), PremierSHP (MB) and Precision Veterinary Services (AB) with 6 veterinary pharmacies supplying all provinces.
Our group currently has 16 swine veterinarians across Canada that are supported by experienced technical teams. Our mission is to contribute to the success of Canadian swine producers by offering effective and proven solutions adapted to their needs and the well-being of their animals in order to increase the performance of their businesses.
Swine Veterinary Partners have given themselves the mission and vision of being a leader in the field of swine health in Canada, thanks to the strength of the group.
A MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM
You’ll be accompanied by a solid and dynamic team including veterinarians, production specialists, agronomists and nutritionists, all who share their knowledge collaboratively. Contributing to the development of our business there are administrative support teams in communication, IT development and production data management. We also have our own animal health laboratory.
OUR VETERINARY APPROACH
By combining innovative thinking and efficiency, we offer a complete and holistic experience in veterinary services. By being aware of all aspects of our customers’ production systems, our actions are targeted on their needs and well-being of their animals for health management through personalized solutions and concern for producer profitability.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Our group is a leader in research and development within Canada. Since 2005, more than 600 projects have been carried out. Whether in livestock management, feed and nutrition, health or reproduction, we validate our recommendations and share our studies results with the industry.
We have developed several tools to optimize our services, communication and operations for our customers such as our online platform, a unique management and communication tool in swine medicine. We also developed the Iris livestock monitoring application available to producers and continually seek to innovate and advance pork production in Canada.
To find out more, visit our website: demetersv.com
«Alone we move faster, together we go further!»
We offer you the opportunity to come and see the company, our facilities, the atmosphere and meet your work colleagues on-site, as well as experience a typical day in your specialty.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the veterinary, the swine Registered Veterinary Technician will have these main responsibilities:
- Ensure collected samples are properly identified, labelled, processed and prepared for transportation to various laboratories in accordance with protocols.
- Interrupt, electronically file, and provide result feedback to veterinarians.
- Sanitize and maintain lab in accordance with protocols.
- And other related tasks
- Receive and process prescription requests as directed by the veterinarian.
- Assist with dispensary paper work as directed by the veterinarian.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Registered Veterinary Technician
- Strong work ethic, and a desire to play an integral role in a fast-growing business.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and work independently.
Experience in the agriculture and food animal industry.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- A competitive salary according to your experience and skills.
- The choice of using either a personal vehicle with compensation for the mileage traveled or using one of the service vehicles.
- All necessary office equipment (laptop, printer, internet access, cell phone, etc.).
- Expense account for meal expenses during travel or other expenses related to customers.
- A very diversified clientele.
- A stimulating, varied work environment that promotes employee development.
- A flexible schedule combining personal and professional life.
- Group health insurance.
- A year of service recognition program.
- Significant discounts on small animal pet supplies (excluding prescription drugs) and access to a host of additional corporate discounts.
«The right job can transform a person’s life, the right person can transform a company.»
WHY CHOOSE SWINE VETERINARY PARTNERS?
First and foremost, Swine Veterinary Partners is a welcoming and people-oriented group. We value and strive for the development and well-being of our employees because we believe that they make all the difference.
We also share our values of expertise, communication, innovation, leadership and excellence with our employees.
If you want to develop and grow your career while contributing to the constant expansion of a company with a great environment conditions and a great team, Swine Veterinary Partners has everything you need!
For more information or to apply, send your CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Vanessa Aubin.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com