Website Coastal Care Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital
Position: Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) – Surgery Department
Hospital: Coastal Care Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Job Type: Full-Time Employment
Description: Coastal Care Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital is hiring an experienced Registered Veterinary Technician with a passion for surgery and anesthesia to join our surgical team, where you will work alongside our board-certified veterinary surgeon.
You will work on the beautiful East Coast in a brand new 17,000 sq ft hospital that boasts 9 exam rooms, CT, MRI, independent ICU, several specialities and all the tools and equipment needed to provide quality service deserved by the people and their pets.
In Halifax you can live and work beside the Atlantic Ocean with countless outdoor activities, including downhill skiing, hiking, biking, excellent restaurants, and numerous cultural activities.
Technical abilities and skills:
- Induction, management, and recovery of anesthesia and critical patients
- Knowledge of common medications and emergent medications
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and commitment to building relationships with colleagues, clients, and the community is required.
- The ability to deliver exceptional client service.
- Proficient with administering intravenous fluids and injections, intramuscular and subcutaneous injections, placement, and maintenance of intravenous catheters, CRIs, and calculations.
- Surgical prep and assisting
- Instrument and equipment sterilization and maintenance
- Diagnostic imaging
- Knowledge of fluid pumps and fluid setup, including syringe pumps and administration.
- Two or more years of experience performing the above duties. (Required)
- Licensed designation Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) (Required)
- In good standing with licensing boards (NSVMA, EVTA)
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work that requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Contact Information: Submit your CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org