Website Capital City Specialty & Emergency Animal Hospital
Ottawa's New Specialty & Emergency Animal Hospital
Capital City Specialty & Emergency is Ottawa’s newest state of the art animal hospital! Opening in Spring 2023, Capital City is looking to build a team of over 100 veterinary professionals to provide outstanding patient care and client service. Our team includes world-renown specialists working with top of the line equipment to provide the best possible experience. Our focus on medicine, community, education, and positive culture makes this a hospital unlike any other. With over 17,000 square feet of space, leading edge technology, and independent local ownership, Capital City wants you to join our team as a founding member and we know this is an animal hospital where you’ll be proud to work.
Capital City is currently looking for an experienced, professional, and collaborative registered veterinary technician to join our team working in the emergency department. Your duties and responsibilities in this role will include:
• IV catheterization and sample draws
• Basic lab work (more advanced work with training)
• Imaging and diagnostics
• Caring for hospitalized patients
• Ability to monitor patients before, during, and after procedures including while sedated and anesthetized
• Completing treatment plans
• Rounding and communication with other team members
• Filling prescriptions
• Processing patient discharges from hospital and other client communications
• Triage patients, assessing what is stable vs critical and communicating this with ER doctors.
What you need to work at Capital City
• Confidence in your medical skills and abilities
• Willingness to learn and grow professionally
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• A collaborative and team-focused approach to work
• Appreciation of a positive veterinary culture
What Capital City can offer you:
• Industry leading pay for Ottawa with excellent overall compensation including group benefits, sick pay, continuing education, uniform allowance, staff discounts, annual bonuses, and more. Capital City is a living wage employer!
• A dynamic and exciting workplace with an emphasis on education and professional development
• A hospital culture and workplace atmosphere you get to create from day one
• Hospital owners who work shoulder to shoulder with the team
Ready to join us? If this opportunity sounds right for you, email your resume to email@example.com and let us know!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org