Website Burlington Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital
Position: Lead Registered Veterinary Technician
Hospital: Burlington Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time Employment
Description: Leadership Opportunity! We are now awarding a $5k Sign-On Bonus to an experienced Lead RVT who joins on a full-time basis!
The Burlington Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital is growing and is looking for a full-time Lead RVT that would like to continue using all their RVT skills and simultaneously assume managerial responsibilities. If you’re searching for a welcoming environment where you will be appreciated for your contribution to a team of really supportive people, and possess a disposition towards leadership – we want to hear from you! This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced RVT who enjoys practicing to a high quality of care to advance their career in management and continue employing their RVT skills.
Shifts available include overnight evenings, weekends, and holidays. We are a Canadian-owned, fully equipped, after-hours emergency hospital with in-house laboratory equipment, digital radiography, and ultrasound capabilities. If you are looking to join a friendly, inclusive, and experienced team that will welcome you with open arms – look no further!
Burlington Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital is committed to enriching the lives of pets through their compassionate care. We take pride in the upbeat and supportive culture we have cultivated. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, can self-direct in a fast-paced environment, is eager to learn, and has a great sense of humour. The perfect fit would be someone who loves veterinary medicine and enjoys being part of a fun, hard-working team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) using appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Use gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
- Work with practice manager and medical director
Total Compensation – We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
- P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
- Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org