Website Blue Mountain Veterinary Hospital
Position: Practice Manager
Hospital: Blue Mountain Veterinary Services
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time Employment
Position Overview: Leadership Opportunity in Collingwood! Experienced RVTs encouraged to apply!
Blue Mountain Veterinary Services is searching for an enthusiastic Practice Manager to join our amazing team in a full-time capacity.
If you’re searching for a welcoming environment where you will be appreciated for your contribution to a team of really supportive people, and possess a disposition towards leadership – we want to hear from you! Ski in the winter! Swim in the summer! Seize this rare chance to relocate to the quaint community of Collingwood on the shores of Georgian Bay and advance your career.
Our team is truly one-in-a-million. We laugh and have fun together every day, so it’s important that we identify someone with a cheerful and amiable disposition that shares our enthusiasm for convivial teamwork. We take pride in the dynamic and supportive culture we have fostered, and look forward to nurturing the establishment of our next colleague and friend. If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
Blue Mountain Veterinary Services is a modern, spacious, fully-equipped hospital with everything from ultrasound to laser therapy. Our hospital serves the Blue Mountains, Collingwood, Thornbury and beyond, and literally sits atop Blue Mountain (with stunning views of Georgian Bay).
The Practice Manager will provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team to ensure that high quality care is provided to our patients and their people.
People managers with experience in the veterinary industry, dentistry (dental), retail, restaurants (food services), accounting, or a related professional service focused on customer service are also encouraged to apply. If you inspire others, and are searching for an opportunity to lead – search no further!
The successful candidate will be scheduled for an average of 40 hours per week over 5 days.
Practice Manager Job Duties:
- Provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team in order to maximize overall business performance of the hospital
- Lead the continuous improvement of the quality of customer service and medical care
- Ensure smooth communication throughout a client’s visit. Work alongside the Medical Director to resolve client concerns
- Oversee that all client communication such as welcome letters, sympathy cards, and newsletters are sent in accordance with Hospital protocols & approved timelines
- Implement team scripting, in-Hospital marketing, and social media content to help capture new clients, bond current clients, increase referrals, and generate community goodwill
- Meet client needs for timely veterinary care. Tracks new clients/patients, frequency of visits, and achieves predetermined goals for appointment and surgery fill rates
- Ensure team has sufficient and appropriate resources to deliver exceptional patient care.
- Understand and help manage the financial drivers of the hospital
- Ensure Cost of Sales as a percent of revenue is in line with budget. Maintain reasonable levels of inventory and put plans of action in place to eliminate bulk ordering and expired goods
- Work with Regional Manager and Medical Director to review a specific operating budget and hospital business plan
- Work with Regional Manager and Medical Director to prioritize equipment and facility needs. Assist with sourcing and purchasing as needed
- Prepare financial, bookkeeping, and accounting reports
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Follow and adhere to the monthly schedule authorization and predict staffing needs. Verify that the financial health of the Hospital supports planned new hires
- Act as a positive role model, using a collaborative approach and assuming positive intent. Set others up for success and foster open, proactive, and cooperative relationships
- Collaborate with Regional Manager and Medical Director to recruit, mentor and retain a team with an emphasis on accountability, high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork and high moral standards
- Monitor and discuss the Key Performance Indicators for hospital and team member performance with Regional Manager and Medical Director and implement an action plan where necessary
- Meet expectations and timelines determined by Regional Manager in relation to hospital initiatives. Hold the team accountable on job responsibilities and deliverables
- Review feedback with Regional Manager from data management and reporting platforms. Implement actionable strategies to elevate patient care and capture revenue in areas such as bonding rates, reminders and forward booking
- Ensure that fee schedules are current, revenue category budgets are achieved, and shorts are investigated. Monitor fee capture and discounting to ensure reasonable and appropriate value
- Consistently uses the resources available (Vet Success, PIMS, ALLYDVM etc.) to analyze and make effective actionable decisions that impact operations including, but not limited to, asset purchases, new hires, rate changes, and conflict resolution
- Work with Home Office to ensure that all voluntary and mandatory controls, standards, requirements, rules & regulations are followed & any training needed is conducted (Employment Standards, CVO, AAHA, WHMIS, OHS, Xray etc)
- Ensures the hospital team is able to succeed in their duties by providing coaching, development, training, mentorship and education as required
- When Reception coverage is needed: the Practice Manager will assist with clerical and reception duties, client and in-patient intake and discharge duties, schedules, appointments, answers questions, and maintains front office and exam room flow.
- A minimum of two years of experience providing onsite leadership and oversight of a veterinary or medical health care team is preferred
- Education and training in business administration preferred
- In-depth understanding of Human Resources and proven experience leading and innovating practices preferred
- A vision to foster an inclusive, employee-centric culture
- Experience developing strategic and multi-year business plans, resource forecasts, and in managing operational budgets
- Experience with coaching, conflict resolution, and performance management
- Proven ability to build and nurture relationships at all levels
- Ability to influence and communicate in a clear and effective manner
- An approach that is progressive, strategic, humble, and achievement oriented
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
Benefits: We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Bonus Potential
- Continuing Education (CE) Allowance & Paid Time Off to Attend CE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Personal/Sick Days
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates!
Collingwood rests in an area renowned for its wild beauty, waterfalls, picturesque hiking trails along the Niagara escarpment, and 4 distinct seasons. Kayakers, scuba divers, and paddle boarders soak in the summer sunshine on Georgian Bay. Wildlife photographers, artists, and hikers favour the fall’s changing colours, and with Blue Mountain’s slopes just 15 minutes from the clinic, snowboarders and skiing enthusiasts alike enjoy superb snow conditions amid the winter months. Experience all the outdoor activities Collingwood has to offer, as well as great restaurants and shopping. Our vibrant community has something for everybody. Collingwood offers an escape from traffic, long commutes, and expensive property prices. It is the type of place that offers acres of affordable property for pets, within a 15-minute drive of town.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at www.bluemountainvet.ca/site/home to learn more; submit your CV to Aysha at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com