Website Avenue Animal Hospital
Position: Registered Veterinary Technician
Hospital: Avenue Animal Hospital
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
Term: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Description: Welcome to Avenue Animal Hospital! We are looking for a brilliant, kind Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team. We are under new ownership and are transforming our clinic to provide the best in wellness and surgical care for the Saint John community. If you are looking for a progressive practice, where you get to use your skills to their fullest potential, look no further. We believe in collaboration, open communication and want you to be part of building our gold star clinic for our clients and patients. We will be renovating in the near future and have already expanded our in-house lab and added digital dental x-ray to our diagnostic capabilities. Our clinic believes in providing a positive work environment and a manageable work schedule that is flexible for our team. We offer a competitive wage, numerous incentives (health benefits, paid CE, uniform allowance, paid vacation, personal pet discount) and can help with relocation costs. This is a very exciting time for Avenue Animal Hospital and we are looking forward to adding an amazing RVT to our team. Come for a tour and we can chat about the substantial package we have for the right RVT.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at www.avenueanimalhospital.com
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com