Website Animal Hospital Sault Ste. Marie
Position: Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Hospital: Animal Hospital Sault Ste. Marie
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Job Type: Part-time Employment or Full-Time Employment
Description: Are you looking to fully mobilize your RVT skills and make an impact in the Sault Ste. Marie community? Are you searching for a welcoming team that is passionate about mentorship, collaboration, and client education? Search no further!
Animal Hospital Sault Ste. Marie is searching for a friendly and compassionate RVT to join our amazing team. Our growing, hardworking team takes great pride in working collaboratively to ensure our clients and patients get the type of care they deserve. The perfect fit would be a kind and flexible RVT who appreciates the benefits of client education and team-based medicine. If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) using appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Use gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images using knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventive medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: https://www.animalhospitalsaultstemarie.ca/site/home
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sault Ste. Marie: Situated just north of the U.S. border at the intersection of 3 Great Lakes, Sault Ste. Marie has something for everyone. Enjoy the sandy beaches, swimming, boating, camping, hiking, kayaking, or mountain biking along the coast of Lake Superior. Explore the waterfalls in the area too – and soak in the summer sunshine. In the winter, ski and snowboard at Searchmont Resort, a premiere mountain featuring 21 runs. Winter enthusiasts also enjoy skating at the outdoor rinks, sleigh rides, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling. Embrace the wild beauty of the area, and embrace adventure! The New York Times rated Sault Ste. Marie’s ice caves as one of the top 52 places in the world to visit, and Agawa Canyon was similarly praised by National Geographic.
Sault Ste. Marie is growing rapidly, and while over 73,000 people are proud to call the city home, it is frequently described as a beautiful blend of small-town values and big-city amenities. The best of both worlds. Sault Ste. Marie boasts a large retail sector, a Canadian Hockey League team, a fully-equipped hospital, an international airport, and a vibrant arts & cultural scene. Another compelling reason to consider Sault Ste. Marie is affordability! The average cost of a 3-bedroom detached home is under $300,000! Enjoy Canadian culture, while avoiding the expensive property prices in other parts of Ontario. Escape the commute too! Sault Ste. Marie ranked second in Ontario for shortest distance from home to work, according to a study from the Pembina Institute. This is the type of place where you can finish work and be at the cottage in 10 minutes for a sauna and swim. Escape the rat race! Sault Ste Marie, a sanctuary for outdoor enthusiasts that would like to retain big-city amenities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com